Thursday, October 19, 2006

Document retention and E-discovery: best practices for Canadian Corporations

Today, I am posting live from Marcus Evans' "Document Retention and E-discovery: Best Practices for Canadian Corporations" conference that takes place at the Pantages Hotel & Spa (btw, nice and relaxing place) in Toronto. The conference is chaired by Kelly Friedman, a commercial litigation partner at Ogilvy Renault, who specializes in E-discovery.

I would say that 66% of the people attending are in-house lawyers. I have to admit that I am a bit surprised that there are only 5 private practice lawyers (for all those potential clients). This makes me realize that, not only are lawyers bad at online marketing, they are possibly even worst at finding the right place to be for PR. This conference is the perfect spot to learn what are Canada Inc's legal departments interests...

Oh! I forget! There are 6 IT people and I hope they won't ask me to many questions... These people scare me as much as a 30 pages litigation hold letter! ;-)

No comments: